To obtain an understanding of how to troubleshoot, maintain and improve GE Gas Turbine (GT) operation using the GE Speedtronic™ Mark V (Mark V) Turbine Control Panel (TCP).
Covering the fundamentals, architecture, software, operation, and maintenance of a mk5, the course introduces the GT major components, associated systems, and TCP preparation for operation. The Cases provide a unique insight and understanding with direct application as practical tips or potential enhancements.
For courses delivered at our Hawthorne, NY Training Center, we utilize our energized Mark V panel and our custom built simulator. For Customer Site training, we utilize only our simulator.
Multi-Customer Seminar Scheduled: TBD
Duration: 5 Days
- Intro: Instructor & Delegates. Brief overview.
- Manuals and Drawings
- Welcome: where are we? Initial Questions/Discussion
- Rung Ladder Logic: Intro to the programming language
- Photo album – Layout: Cores, Power Supply, PDM, I/O
- GT Operation – Article: This is Droop Control. Feat. Isochronous
- Droop Control Exercise
- Navigation #1 – Screens, Files, Directories – Dos and don’ts
- Rung Ladder Logic Reading – Inversion masks, Failsafe Design
- Rung Ladder Logic: Exercises + L86CB – Code it, check w/actual
- Nomenclature Review of Device Function Numbers
- CSP + TC2KREPT + IO.ASG + IOCONFIG – what changed from Mark IV
- MCC Drawings – Relationship with TCP
- Navigation #2 – Detailed description of screen displays – cont.
- Case Study 01 – Nothing Works!
- Signal Flow – Introduction to Troubleshooting
- MLI 0400s – Main GT systems Oil, Trip Oil, Gas, Liq. Fuel, IGV, Hydr.
- Ready to Start/Speed Relays – Start checks
- Case Study 02 – Happily Burning Fuel
- Main Protection Trip Circuits. Detailed description
- Protection Systems – Auto-synch. Breaker circuit – Load Control
- Case Study 03 – Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
- FSR – Firing/Warmup/Accel./Speed/Temperature/Manual.
- Case Study 04 – Stubborn Attemperator
- Simulation – What happens when
- LVDT Calibr – ACALIB.DAT, Elec. Vs. Mech. Stroke – Non-Linearity
- Case Study 05 – Calibrations: things that make you go hmmm
- Maintenance Practices – EEPROM Backup, EEPROM DOWN/UP
- Algorithm review – Control System Specifications
- Sequencing Functions – Sequencing Exercises
- Case Study 06 – Complete sequence, not.
- Case Study 07 – Rude Reminder
- Case Study 08 – It takes two to Tango
- Protection Systems – Comb. Monitor, Vibration, O/Speed, O/Temp
- Vibration Protection Channels + Control Constant Adjust
- GER 3620 – Turning Gear/Ratchet. Maintenance Factors.
- Case Study 09 – Cool turbines don’t ratchet
- Case Study 10 – Had a chance, and missed: No start for you
- Troubleshooting tips: Find the ground – Follow the alarm
- Case Study 11 – Ground Fault Alarm Promoted
- Check your knowledge – Final Questions
- Q&A – Your turn
- Course Evaluation
- Certificates. Adjourn